i do not understand the mentality of “make the baby adhere to the schedule that i have set” that seems to be so prevalent here in the south. it causes SO much unnecessary stress when the baby inevitably either fails to thrive because you want to block schedule feedings or doesn’t want to nap when…
15 weeks on monday, This is the scan from 12 +1 but he/she measured 12+3 so they changed my due date to Nov 4th :D x
1. How far along are you?
2. How long have you and the father been together?
2 and a half years…ish
3. Are you boyfriend/girlfriend, married, or not together?
Engaged for just over a year now…we’ll be married either this year or next
4. Do you live in the city, country, suburbs?
We currently live in blackburn which is kind of countryside? but are moving back to manchester (city) at the end of this year
5. Was the pregnancy planned?
Yes, we were trying for 5 months
6. Do you have any other children?
7. When is your due date?
November 6th, 2013
8. What do you think the baby will look like?
We were both cute babies so either way is good!
9. Do you plan on a natural birth or having an epidural?
I’m going in with the mindset that i will be getting an epidural, the idea of a natural birth doesnt appeal to me. Im not great with pain and i get the worst period cramps. However it all depends really because if i can do it with gas and air, i will…
10. How did your parents react?
My mum was very very excited…thats the only (biological) parent that knows atm
11. How did the baby’s father’s parents react?
Dont know yet…
12. When did you tell them?
5 weeks for my mum and our siblings…basically the day we found out
13. Did you consider abortion or adoption?
Nope this was planned
14. What were your first symptoms?
No period…then needing to pee ALL the time
15. How did you find out?
Took a test about 5 weeks. My period was like clockwork the whole time we were trying but the month before i was randomly 3 days late and i got so excited and tested but alas, it was not to be. So the month after when i was late again i wouldnt let myself get my hopes up so waited a full week before my sister in law insisted i went out and got a test. I refused to take it until FMU though so the next day at 3am tadaaaa…..positive. I was pretty much in shock after trying those months and slowly convincing myself it would never happen (as you do)
16. Have you had an ultrasound?
Nope, its at 12+1 next thursday…very nervous
17. Have you heard the heart beat?
Nope they havnt tried
18. Do you know the sex?
Too early but we will be finding out. I wanna know cos i think it will be easier to bond. At the moment we 99% of the time refer to the baby (aka crumby pr. KRUM-BEE) as a boy cos its easier and nicer than ‘IT’
19. What sex are you hoping for?
I feel like its a boy but i super want a girl. Fiance wants a boy of course
20. What girl/boy names did you consider?
Jack Michael for a boy and Alexis Kate for a girl
21. How does the father feel about the pregnancy?
Happy of course but he’s mostly just nervous at the moment like me, we think that a healthy scan will help make it feel more real and calm us a bit
22. Do you have any supplies yet?
One cute blanket that was 1.60 at ikea. ONE POUND SIXTY! Amazing. Its like white fleece with grey squiggles. Perfect for a pram blanket
23. Have you felt the baby kick yet?
No but i cant wait
24. Have you decorated the nursery? How?
Nope, we are buying a house before the birth so cant really do anything at the moment anyway. Got loads of plans though. The main theme boy or girl will be grey with either blue for a boy or pink/purple for a girl.
25. Are you currently working?
26. What are you looking forward to?
Meeting our child and getting to know him/her. We were blessed with a neice last year and we love her so much and adore watching her grow into her own person, its really exciting to imagine that for our own child.
27. Are you financially able to care for a child?
Yes, one of many reasons we started trying
28. What is your worst symptom?
Morning sickness, which 2bh isnt even that bad. i bloody hate having to get up to pee all the damn time and also the heartburn….ALL THE TIME!
29. Have you had any cravings?
I’m constantly craving something, normally something that we dont have in the house :(
30. Have you had any food aversions?
(It’s not food but) coffee. I adore coffee. It used to be the reason i got up in the morning. But since like 6 weeks (after switching to decaf for a while and suffering horrific caffeine withdrawal headaches) i hated it. The thought and smell of it just makes me feel sick, so im pretty gutted about that. Started drinking tea at 10 weeks though so at least i have something….
31. Do you wear maternity clothes?
No but after my scan i want work pants with a stretchy waist band. I fit my regular ones in the morning but after two meals i look 5 months gone so they get pretty uncomfortable.
32. Do you have stretch marks?
33. Do you smoke or drink?
Dont smoke, dont drink
34. Do you take prenatal vitamins?
Yeah but i forget more often than not these days. If i didnt eat as much fruit and veg as i do i would feel more guilty
35. Are you going to breastfeed or use formula?
Breastfeeding, currently gathering my support system and gearing up mentally with excess knowledge.
36. Are you going to use disposable or cloth diapers?
37. Will you circumcise if it’s a boy?
We dont really do that in england that i know of
38. What is your weight gain so far?
39. Has your baby got the hiccups yet?
40. How big is the baby so far?
41. How are you sleeping
Well other than getting up twice-ish a night to go to the bathroom. I go to bed at like 9-10pm cos i get super tired and i have to get up at 6am
42. Any complications with your pregnancy?
I’m on consultant lead care
43. Have you seen your baby do any strange things during an ultrasound?
44. Do you get any criticism about your pregnancy?
Nope, i feel that as i show more though i might. I tend to look younger than my 23 years and i feel this may get me looks….(bring it on british public!)
45. How did you tell your partner?
I took the test at 3am cos i had to pee and i was eager to get FMU. Anyways i took it and sat on the bathroom floor in shock while it turned positive then went to the bedroom and woke him up and told him. He was like ‘Whaaaaaa?!’ but he was/is happy :D
46. Will you send child to public, private, charter or home school?
A good local school
49. Are you having twins or a singleton?
Unknown at this point
50. What are five words that describe how you feel today?
Sick, Heartburny, Nervous, Tired…..but Happy
Changed to a pic of me as this is soon to become my ‘mumblr’/ pregnancy journal, super exciting. The scan is next thursday at 12+1 :D